If the bomber died in the blast wouldn't they need some forensics for proper identity?
Of course a deceased victim wouldn't necessarily be the bomber anyway..
How could the US have identified this person so quickly and publicly?
That put a bit of pressure on Theresa May, no?
More details are emerging about suicide bomber Salman Abedi.Local reports said he was the child of Libyan refugees who fled to the UK to escape Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's regime, and was one of four children.
Theresa May previously said the bomber had been identified by security agencies, but that they were unable to name them at such an early stage of the investigation.However, American officials appeared to have leaked Abedi's identity to media on the other side of the Atlantic.
Armed police raided the home of Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi, ordering residents indoors as they carried out a controlled explosion.Elsmore Road, where 23-year-old Abedi was registered as living, became the centre of the investigation into Monday's outrage.The suspect was named by US security officials in Washington.Neighbours in the red-bricked semi-detached street said they knew little about who was living at the home.
The man who blew himself up during an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena has been named as 23-year-old Salman Abedi, US officials have said. Abedi killed 22 people, including children, and wounded 59 more shortly after Grande had finished her performance last night. Isis claimed responsibility for the attack. More follows
Two curiosities- The US names the perp and ISIS takes the responsibility
The Independent: Manchester Arena attacker identified: Police know who carried out suicide bombing, says Theresa May
Police have identified the Manchester Arena attacker but it is too early in the investigation to release his name, Theresa May has said.
“The police and security services believe they know the identity of the perpetrator but at this stage of their investigations we cannot confirm his name," the Prime Minister added.
“The police and emergency services have as always acted with great courage and on behalf of the country I want to express our gratitude to them - they acted in accordance with the plans they have in place and the exercises they conduct to test those plans and they performed with the utmost professionalism."
Police were urging members of the public not to speculate on the terrorist's identity as the investigation continued.
At least 22 people were killed and 59 more injured in the blast, which the foyer between Manchester Arena and Victoria station as thousands of people flooded out of an Ariana Grande concert on Monday night.
There has been no official claim of responsibility for the atrocity, but both Isis and al-Qaeda have been calling for attacks on the West and issued bomb-making guides.
Ian Hopkins, the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police, said investigators believe the attack was carried out by a lone suicide bomber “carrying” a homemade device.“The priority is to establish whether he was acting alone or as part of a network,” he added.Interesting? So with ISIS taking responsibility do we now have a network connection that takes up back to Libya? Or will this be the justification for stepping up military intervention in Syria/Iraq?
Manchester news from Ally!
If Ally leaves any additional info I will post it here!